Social media is on the rise, and it can be daunting. Here are a few tips to help build twitteraderie.
Present your brand image consistently. Include images that are indicative of your business.
Header. The measurements of the Twitter header is at least 1500px x 500px and Twitter seems to render png files better with less loss of image quality, so create it as PNG.
Profile. Your profile image should be at least 210px square.
Be sure to include your website and a brief brand message.
THE MEDIUM THE MESSAGE
The primary Twitter audience is young adults. They are interested in news, text updates and links to information. Twitter is good for sharing original and curated content including links to interesting articles or blogs; quotes, industry news, announcements or newsletters, Vine or YouTube videos and event updates. Comments, shares and retweets are a good indication of efficacy.
For twitter, it is good to post daily and as often as hourly. It is reported that 22 tweets per day is optimal.
Here are some idea starters for your twitter feed:
- Post an event. Share a link to a conference, a webinar, a program of interest.
- Created content. Link to your recent blog article with an attractive headline.
- Reflection. Report on a lesson learned or Seen-&-Heard incident.
- Imagery. Upload a photo worth 1000 words in this arena of 140 characters.
- Curated content. Post a link to an article you find of interest.
- Interact. A direct tweet using the @ sign can be a good conversation starter.
- Retweet. Share tweets from others that you find of interest.
Images. It is good to include an image with your post. The optimal size for a photo uploaded to twitter post is 506px wide by 260px high.
Links. Place links about a quarter of the way through your tweet message for the highest click through rate.
While the length of a tweet is limited to 140 characters for easy consumption across mobile and text, it is best to keep your post between 70-100 characters. A report by Buddy Media revealed that Tweets shorter than 100 characters get a 17% higher engagement rate.
Be chipper. Be chirpy. Be choosy.